My laptop’s screen brightness keeps flickering. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the video card or LCD itself, I think it’s the backlight. Hopefully it doesn’t crap out on me anytime soon because I can’t afford for it to die.
I’ll have to start looking at prices on parts or new laptops.
Now playing: Steve Gibson with Leo Laporte – Security Now 55: Application Sandboxes – Sponsored by Astaro Corp.
I just got this e-mail from Google about Writely. Looks like they’re one step closer to being an entire online office suite. Speadsheets, Word processing, E-mail, Calendar, all they really have left is a presentation tool.
Dear Jeff Rodriguez,
In a few days, we will update your Writely account to use your [Email Address Removed] Google Account registration settings.
This means you’ll need to use your Google Account password when signing in, not your Writely password (if they’re different).
If you’ve forgotten your Google Account password, just go to https://www.google.com/accounts/ForgotPasswd
Google Writely Team
Listening to: Daily Giz Wiz 151: Joby Gorillapod by Dick DeBartolo with Leo Laporte
I’ve been using iTunes for nearly 2 years now. I’ve found the lack of a few features to be annoying, to say the least. So here’s my list.
1) I want the ability to change the file naming convention when iTunes automatically organizes your music. I don’t like everything named [Track Number] – [Title].mp3. If I ever want to use something other than iTunes or a player other than an iPod, the number thing will drive you nuts.
2) When I import a folder, it should ignore any playlist files in that folder. I can’t count the number of times I’ve had an album get imported twice into the library. It doesn’t copy the files twice, just the info in the library.
3) This applies to the new version of iTunes, but it needs the ability to add album artwork manually. I have a decent amount of independent music that it can’t find the artwork for, but I can, Yet there’s no easy way to add it. I also want to fix all the ones it got wrong.
4) Please use less memory and cpu. There is no reason for it to be using 150K while just playing music in ‘party shuffle’ mode. It can use memory and CPU when it needs (downloading podcasts, flipping through album artwork, skipping around, etc.) but it needs to efficient-ize itself.
5) What audio device is it using? I want the ability to see what its using and be able to change it. I like seeing that its using the right thing with the right settings.
I wonder if anyone who matters or knows someone that matters will read this.
Also, I really want a Wii.
Listening to: Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too by Say Anything
I’ve been having these weird back problems recently. After I’ve been sitting for awhile in the same position (usually doing homework or something) I have a pain. When I stand up there’s a kink in my spine. It hurts so much that I can’t straighten out my back. But, a small thrust and twist of the hips ‘pops’ it into place and it’s fine.
I’m going to start paying more attention to how I’m sitting and what type of chair I’m sitting in. It seems to happen when I’ve been sitting in harder chairs without arm rests. I’m just dreading the day that I can’t straighten it out easily.
Also, I watched the newest episode of ‘House’ the other night. It was the one with the kid thinking he’s being abducted by aliens. Either the writers are running out of crazy medical conditions’ or I’m getting better. I solved the case as soon as they showed the double sets of DNA thing. I didn’t remember the name of the condition, but I got what it was and how it happened.
Listening to: 10 Miles High by Nine Inch Nails
Here’s a perfect example of how busy I actually am from Monday to Friday. I literally haven’t had time to write a simple post like this.
My theory from the other day had to do with 9/11. I noticed that only two people on my AIM list had memorial away messages. To me, these two people had a few major traits in common. Later that day I built upon my theory while watching the news.
Most all of the 9/11 memorial services and crap were political. I didn’t see the president speak that night (I was in class till 9:15pm), assuming he did, and haven’t watched the news since then. I literally have no idea what the president said.
So my after-the-fact predictions is that the speech was crap. First, obviously, he started off with how we should never forget 9/11 and always remember those who died, especially ones who were heros that day. The there probably was a transition to terrorism and how we can’t let it win. Then a misleading transition making it seem like Iraq was the right response to 9/11. He probably closed talking about terrorism and not letting it change our daily lives.
Man, political garbage is so tiring and never gets anywhere. It sucks.
My Google calendar has been acting funny recently. Sometimes it’s down completely, other times it lags like woah and play ‘click catch up’ messing things up. I’ll ramble some other time.
Also, here’s a funny skit from Monty Python.
Now playing: Brian Ibbott – Coverville-060911-I can no longer shop happily
I have a theory that I may post tomorrow. I at least have to wait for the day to be over.